We Get Results – Call 800-346-7765 for Free Advice and Consultation.
INJURED IN A STATE OTHER THAN GEORGIA OR TENNESSEE?
Workers’ compensation laws are different in each state. Generally, workers’ compensation laws are supposed to provide medical benefits and some form of disability benefits for workers injured on the job. Benefits vary greatly from state to state.
There may be a choice as to which state’s law applies
If a person works in one state and is injured in another state, particularly if the employer has a place of business in that state also, or if the employee was hired in another state, there may be a choice as to which state in which to file the claim. It is important to obtain legal advice as to your rights and obligations in the event of an injury on the job.
Truck drivers often have a choice of law
Because over the road truck drivers may be hired in one state, dispatched from another state and then be involved in an accident in yet another state, two or more states may have jurisdiction over the case. A commercial driver injured on the job should seek benefits in the state most favorable to his or her case.
We can compare benefits that may be available in Georgia or Tennessee with those available in other states that may also have jurisdiction.
Resources and links
Lots of information is available on websites maintained by state government agency responsible for administering the workers’ compensation system in that particular state. Here are links to our neighboring states:
- ALABAMA Alabama Department Of Labor
- ARKANSAS Arkansas Workers’ Compensation Commission
- FLORIDA Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation
- KENTUCKY Kentucky Department of Workers’ Claims
- LOUISIANA Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration
- MISSISSIPPI Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission
- MISSOURI Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations
- NORTH CAROLINA North Carolina Industrial Commission
- SOUTH CAROLINA South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission
- VIRGINIA Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission